View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 05:30 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I've mainly been buying those sets and busting them up, pulling the RCs and stars and then trying to help other set builders where I can, whether giving cards away or selling them in lots like 30/$1. But that's why I originally asked which stars and RCs to pull and keep. Don't plan on grading any as I don't deal with the whole graded thing. I simply want cards from when I started collecting to be able to relive those memories.

I've only opened a handful of packs. Got a few at a flea market recently, 3/$1 packs of 1989 Donruss, 1987 Topps, other 1986-1992 product. I've also bought a couple of boxes (2x 1991 UD for $5 each, a 1987 Topps for $10). But mainly it's buying sets and breaking them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Having fun is what you are doing.

I love the junk era sets. I would rather thumb through a 87 Topps set than even a 52 Topps set any day of the week. This is because I have seen most of the players in that 87 set play in person. I have great memories of those players.

My other comments are purely on opening packs and then trying to sell them.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.

Last edited by wdwfan; 10-17-2019 at 05:46 PM.