View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 08:34 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I agree. It's more fun to buy a few packs or boxes and bust to get started then trade your extras or other stuff for stuff you need. I enjoy set building. Always have. In fact, I just sat down and started sorting my 2018 Topps Walmart into order to put a set(s) together. Never gets old.

I think I'm going to keep 1 each of the Topps sets as I'd like to get a run of Topps sets from 1975 (when I was born) until now then work my way back into the 50s. The other sets (Fleer, Donruss, Score, Leaf, UD), I'll probably pull the key RCs and HOFers (and Rangers if I need them for my PC) and put everything into 5k boxes to get ready to head to the dumpster at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
Yes, i have done it in recent years. Something about putting the set together yourself is part of the fun. Buying a whole set is just like cheating yourself out of that. I ended up stopping because I had set too lofty of goals for myself.

Even after I stopped doing all sets, I had tried to do a 1988 Topps all-error/misprint set... but the amount of cards to go through took the fun out of it for me.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.