View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 08:15 PM
Emlily Ell.is

That's why I asked in the OP which stars and RCs to pull. Everything else will be going into boxes for like 30/$1. I'd surely buy at that price if there was stuff I needed for sets. I'm not willing to buy a complete box of that when I don't need it. But a handful of cards I need for a buck or two? I'd do that.

That's why I asked which cards (RCs and stars/HOFers) to pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I used to sell a lot of this stuff at shows. People won't pay 1 cent each for commons. I was selling 3000 count boxes for $8 (The empty box costs $4). Sometimes they would sell and sometimes they wouldn't. Most stars and rookies from 1986 through 1992 went into my dime box, along with most of the inserts. If someone offered me $30 for a 3000 count box of dime cards, I took it. There were other dealers that brought dozens of these types of boxes.

There are some exceptions, such as tough inserts and big name rookies, but good luck getting more than a buck for most of these.

I purchased most of the cards as parts of larger collections, so I got rid of the junk at the shows and put the better cards on eBay.

Rick

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.