View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I've talked to the local Boys and Girls Club about donating, and they won't take them. The nearest children's hospital is in Dallas, about 140 miles away. I'm not donating them to Goodwill. So there's really no option to donate.

So you would burn a 1980 Topps Nolan Ryan (BV $10) or 1982 Topps Cal RIpken Jr. RC (BV $40)? I find that hard to believe. I'm really just wanting to pull HOFers and key RCs out of these and then do whatever I need to do with the commons. If I can give them away to people working on sets (for just the cost of shipping), so be it. It helps someone else out.

But I just can't fathom burning or throwing out RCs of guys like Ripken, Sandberg, McGwire, Mattingly and HOFer cards like Ryan, Schmidt, Henderson, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Like swarmee said, donating them is by far the best way to make $ with junk era cards. If you can find a place that will take them.

From my experience those cards are worth WAY more still in packs and boxes. Once opened they are basically worthless.

I tried giving mine away with no luck and finally ended up burning around 250k cards from that era. I even tried selling a full large USPS box full of only star and super star players. I got $.15 for my troubles, yes 15 cents.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.