View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:09 AM
Steve Birmingham

That's weird.

A friend of mine picked up a bunch of boxes of junk wax era stuff, something line 10-15 3200 count boxes.
I checked it out for him and found a handful of cards I liked, mostly oddball stuff or UD cards with different holograms.

He got it for free from a town free or cheap stuff website.

I offered $50 sight unseen, but he knows I rarely sell things and basically held that as a last resort. He advertised it all, less a couple boxes of game cards, and ended up getting $60.

I've taken similar boxes to flea markets, and didn't sell much. It did lead to my favorite sale though. One kid asked how many cards he could get for his handful of change. He had maybe 35 cents. After getting moms permission, I told him he could have as many as he could hold in two hands. He ended up with a couple hundred cards.

I have done well with that sort of stuff at yard sales. Unsorted, unless it was a set, and mostly not in baseball card boxes.
I used to pull any card that was in Beckett, plus players I thought had an outside chance at a career milestone like 3000 hits or strikeouts etc.
I still have most of that stuff.