Thread: Pwcc
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 03:13 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1970Red View Post
All 3 are bid up to the same number by the same bidder IDs. Coincidental?
I'm actually thinking this might be a bidding strategy by some folks. A while ago, I was bidding on two 1975 Topps complete sets being auctioned by PWCC. I sniped both of them, and ended up being the underbidder for both of them. I checked the bid history for both sets, and I saw that I lost to the same bidder for both of them. The very next day, I received a second chance offer for one of the sets. Of course, not wanting to have been possibly shilled up, I declined.

I have no proof or evidence or anything. However, in that case, I have the feeling that the same bidder who won both 1975 sets in my case decided he only wanted one of them, and picked the one he liked better. Then he basically became a nonpaying bidder on the other set.

So my feeling is that some bidders actually think this is okay: I'll put my max bids on all of these cards that I want even though they are the same. If I win multiple ones, I'll pick the one that I like most, and then either retract my bids on the auctions for the same card still ongoing or become nonpaying bidders on those cards I don't want. Again, I have no real evidence of this, but seeing this post reminded me of that past incident for me.