View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 03:22 PM
Mich.ael We.ntz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburl View Post
Hey guys,

I know we've talked about this before, and I've said something similar before. If you're not comfortable with it, certainly don't do it. For what it's worth, here is the way I see set breaks:

1. You are buying a card from a specific set.
2. The value of the card you happen to get determined by a secondary market.
3. Given 1 and 2, I see set breaks like this similarly to what card companies do when they create a product - some cards have higher demand or lower supply (or both), and are therefore worth more on the secondary market.

The difference is that set breakers are not creating the product; they're outsourcing from several decades ago.

This, of course, is all just my opinion. I'm not a lawyer, and I do have skin the game.

P.S. I do give away a spot in each of my breaks. Does that eliminate consideration? I don't know. I feel like it's a fun way to spread the word - if it helps with the consideration piece, then that's great too.
Justin,

Here's the law in your state.

Of importance: "(5) 'Lottery' means the selling of anything of value for chances on a prize or stake..." and "(6) 'Profit' means anything of value in addition to the gambling bet."

Leon:

39-17-503. Gambling promotion.
(a) A person commits an offense who knowingly induces or aids another to engage in gambling...