View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 10:58 AM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
I don't participate in set breaks because I am exceedingly unlucky, but the discussion is of some interest.

If I am at a crowded craps table and roll the dice, somebody always wins. Admittedly sometimes it is only the house. In the long run it is always the house.

In a set break the slots are sold by the house and unless the house undervalues the slots, the house always wins again.

The profit margin in both cases is extremely relevant for the participant to consider before either rolling the dice or buying a slot.

The difference between a 2% margin and a 20% margin is ten fold. With the higher margin you will find me in the parking lot a lot sooner, either with empty pockets or a couple of commons in my pocket.

The difference between the two is a matter of semantics.

I would add that you will never see me at a craps table either.
These are very good points, and the last one is the best of the bunch. By that, I mean that there is a huge difference between saying "people who do breaks like this should have to divulge their profit margins" and "if he doesn't say what the overall set is worth, I'm not participating." No one should argue with the second statement.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all