View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Frost View Post
You guys are correct, there is no room for trash talking unless it relates to autographs and forgeries which in this case it does. It also thought it would be important that it is known who is behind and in control of some of the autograph websites in the hobby.
Both Steve Koschal and Todd Mueller were behind the site Autographalert. After a lawsuit this site with all its false actuations and personal attacks was closed down and removed. The new pro forger and anti autograph authentication site is now called Autographnewslive. Todd Mueller is the owner of Todd Mueller autographs and auctions, one of the top sellers of autographs in the country. One only has to Google his name or look at his weekly inventory and many questions may come to mind. This two are now the experts on a new site that I believe many here are aware of named Autographplanet.
There is a lot of problems in this industry, the forgeries and negativity is destroying the hobby. More and more people are running from the hobby and everyday I hear of someone saying I am done collecting autographs. I thought it would be time to try and restore the autograph collecting hobby and make it not only safe but fun again.
I have been in this business for 35 + years and I have a lot of inside knowledge of what is going on and who the players are in this industry as well as the autograph underground. I am sorry and I understand that this looks to be a personal vendetta ,but many industry insider know it goes much further then that.
Hi Michael,
While I am not in the autograph business or hobby I understand your reasoning, It is somewhat like mine is on the card side. I want to let everyone know of issues in the hobby and will post about them. But more importantly I try to start threads that are positive, upbeat and promote positive things about the hobby. Maybe you could also post some threads about some of your positive experiences, or anything positive, about your hobby? That way you will truly be promoting for the enjoyment of collectors (not that these type threads aren't, but you know what I mean.) I am sure many of our members would like to hear some of the stories you have amassed in the 35 yrs you have been doing it. take care and carry on.....