View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 01:31 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Do you believe more people have purchased forgeries without PSA/DNA certification or with?
Obviously people have purchased more forgeries w/o. But that’s only because of the false sense of security that the PSA/DNA COA brings. I don’t collect a lot of autographs, but there are people on this forum whose opinions I trust way more than PSA/DNA. You really didn’t address my point about the Cobb. They authenticated a facsimile signature. You’re not getting that. We’re not talking about authenticating a forgery. That’s different. This was a facsimile! How can you trust a company that can’t tell the difference between a facsimile and the real deal? Or how can you trust a company that can’t tell the difference between Karl Malone and Karl Malden? (This is your opportunity to throw out the “mechanical error” excuse).

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=218336

If having that PSA/DNA flip, COA, LOA makes you sleep better at night, then so be it. But that PSA/DNA stamp of approval doesn’t mean anything to me (and there are many like me) when it’s obvious from the two examples I pointed out that they don’t know what they’re doing.

I really wanted our focus to be on cards since that’s what we were originally discussing. There are MORE card doctors today than ever before as a result of grading. The greed and fraud in this hobby has caused card doctors to hone their skills to be able to slip their alterations by the grade monkeys at these TPGs. Why? Because of the $$$ that some cards can bring in a high grade.