View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
The very first card ever submitted to PSA (Wagner) was trimmed. PSA knew it was trimmed. Yet, they knowingly decided to be dishonest to the public about it. That says a lot about the company right there. I despise PSA and everything they stand for.....
Geez.. This holier-than-thou shtick is ridiculous. PSA has kept this hobby on a level playing field for 25 years. I remember buying raw cards in catalogs sight unseen and almost always being disappointed with the condition. That was the hobby we used to live in. A card advertised as "EX-MT" in the old monthly circulars were almost always EX or worse.

Now I can confidently buy cards sight unseen or with a bad scan because I have some very reasonable assurance that the card is unaltered and in the advertised condition. Not only that, but if it isn't unaltered or in the advertised condition, I have an additional financial guarantee beyond the seller. PSA did that for us. This hobby was a cesspool of greed and fraud in the 1990's. That was where we were at and I'm not trying to go back.