View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 07:52 AM
Arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
Wow, sounds like some major team collectors on here. For those who collect everything or as much as they can from one team, approximately how many cards does it consist of, several thousand?

Also, do you guys keep all of the cards in binders and pages, if so, I imagine that is a lot of binders and pages.

Personally for now, I am sticking to Topps team sets, and maybe getting into other mainstream sets like Bowman, Fleer, Donruss etc., whether I tackle other cards, I don't really know. It looks like it would be fun and quite a journey!
It depends on how and what timeframe you collect for the number of cards. If someone is trying to get as many as possible from one team then from the last few decades they could get tens of thousands of cards. For me, from 1981 thru now i only collect each year approx the 72 - 90 cards i like best (including a base Topps team set) all in plastic sheets.

However i DO try to get every Yankee card i can from 1980 back, and i go back to 1904. I do have a ton of old Yankee cards. I put my cards in albums back to back, whereas many people do not put them NOT back to back, so my number of albums is cut in half from many others. I have 10 albums of Yankee cards, and 3 albums of cards from other New York teams. Small albums though so they are easy to handle.