View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 12:17 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head928 View Post
I guess I don't really see the point of even accepting best offers if you are only willing to knock $5.00 off a $50.00 card.

In my opinion the time spent going back-and-forth in emails as well as posting frustrations on the deal add up to more than $5.00.

But I understand your frustrations and not every card has the same "wiggle" room either. Either way you should not have trouble getting what you want for it as it is a fair price.
I agree with this. I think you should have just accepted $40. Otherwise, why bother with the best offer. That is probably what the buyer was thinking. Why even bother w/ B.O. if you're not going to budge much? Basically, as a buyer, when I see a best offer for a card that I am interested in, I start off by trying 50% off the current price. Basically, I'm trying to get to around 80% of so of the current price, but set the first offer to low to be prepared for the counter. He will counter, I will counter and so forth. Sometimes the seller will get straight to the point and stated this is my lowest price that I can do, and we can stop the dance. Basically, that is the price that I am trying to figure out. What's the lowest price from the seller and is that something that I think is a fair price?

And why lowball Best Offers? Frankly, I have seen a number of cards that I have been interested that have sold for really low prices that I could not believe the seller accepted. The seller would have a huge, overpriced card with Best Offer, so huge, I would figure that I shouldn't even bother sending a best offer. Then the seller actually accepted a really low and reasonable price that I would have given a higher offer for. I think this is what a lot of low ball buyers see also.

Last edited by glchen; 02-18-2016 at 12:19 PM.