View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Default All about repsect for the game.

Thanks, Larry. I think you’re one of the few that actually understood my post. Some wanted to make it an issue about tattoos or something else. It wasn’t meant to be about tattoos or anything else - it was only meant to be about respect (or lack of) for the game. Tattoos have been around for centuries, yet you never saw Musial with them all over his arms and/or neck. Piercings have been around for centuries, yet you never saw Mays with a ring trough his nose, lip, eyebrow, etc. Mohawks have been around for centuries, yet Aaron never sported one. Scraggly beards have been around for centuries, yet Brooks Robinson never looked like ZZ Top. Why? Because they had too much respect for themselves and the game. There is very little respect for the game nowadays and it shows in the player’s appearances.

Another thing that bothers me is these players (like Jeter) that are selected, but choose not to play. I may be wrong, but I don’t think Mays ever refused to play in an All-Star game – nor Ted Williams, Musial, Spahn, etc. Then again, those guys new something about serving, because they had all served their country – not like the douche bags of today that have lost all respect for the game.