Thread: Big Mac 98 Bat
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 03:52 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I've collected Mac for many years. I have noticed that he didn't sign a ton of the REAL gamers. When I say real I mean the ones that were actually used in a game. For instance in 1998 he ordered over 260 bats I was told. He obviously didn't use that many. Most were lightly tarred and used maybe in BP and given away as gifts. The real gamers tend to be heavily tarred. So they usually carry a premium. That being said, its possible for someone to get a non used bat and put some extra tar and use on themselves so be careful. There are tons of pictures of Mac from 1998 so I like to try and photo match 1998 gamers. I think in the past several years I was only able to positively identify one real 1998 gamer. I do not own one myself but if I ever see a real one I may throw a bid on it. I do however own a 1998 game bat with no use and it is signed. It's way easier to find one of those.

As for McGwire game bats in general, his prices tend to be fairly good compared to some other fallen heros. there are a few Mac collectors still around.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears