Thread: lowdermilk
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Default lowdermilk

Posted By: John

I would agree that Loudermilk is a bit like the Magie in many ways. However I would say that like the Magie many of the cards you see for sale so often are in fact the same cards. I have been watching them both for many years. There's about 7-9 Magie's that make the rounds every so many years and about 5-7 Lowdermilk's. In fact the Magie on ebay right now is a previous Magie offered in a lot of baseball cards with back damage from about 2 yrs ago I believe from Heritage or Verkman.

As for Lowdermilk I still think its one of the toughest T207's and one of the harder cards in our hobby to obtain. I would even go as far to say as a T206 set collector its a bit harder than the Magie. Also like Magie, Lowdermilk is generally found in G-VG in my experience like most T207's. I also agree that the Anonymous and Cycle backed Lowdermilk's add an extra degree of toughness compared to the Broadleaf versions of the card for what that's worth....

I still remember thumbing through my first Beckett #3 price guide and hitting page 93 highlighting "Valuable Cards from the Halper Collection" and how the Lowdermilk along with the "T206 Big 3" really stood out on that page to me as a young collector. I was really happy to add one this year to my collection.