View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
We live in a " 1/3 world "......

For example, did you know when George Washington crossed the Delaware river December 24th 1776 to attack Trenton, he had only 33 % of the Colonists
supporting him and his mission......

...... 33 % of the Colonists were loyal to the British, and

...... the other 33% couldn't be bothered to care, either way.

So, here we are 238 years since, and these same factors in human nature still exist.

Therefore, you know what...... I don't care who disagrees with me (and some members of this forum) ...... who believe that the 1910 COUPON cards are a
natural extension of the T206 set.

Incidently, if you really want to be informed, check-out Burdick's records and you'll find that his timeline on all three COUPON sets is 1914 - 1916.

So, we cannot fault him......he was unaware that the first series of COUPON cards were actually printed and issued in the Summer of 1910.

TED Z
And Ted, a big part of our hobby is categorizing things. Even as children, most of us piled up our cards by team, by position, by stats or even combined cards from different years. So I would never minimize the importance of deciding where the Coupons should be included.

In fact, I think I agreed with you on this, but having spoken with other forum members about this subject in depth, I think this topic is much like sheet-size - we'll never really know, so any well-thought-out theory defense is worth listening to, and certainly shouldn't cause anything more than heated discussion.