View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:14 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Damn I wanted this to be fun but a few people who have already posted on here rain on most of my threads. It's okay. Offer up. Not looking for charity. If you want the card and wanna unload something it'll be easy.

Here's an example.

Yesterday at the show . I had a binder of 80 low grade star cards with a trade in value of maybe 75. Traded 5 cards for a 54 ex oc billly Martin.

Then traded the Martin and rest of the binder for a 66 mantle VG raw (he had triples)

Then traded that mantle for a 55 banks raw ex and 66 Koufax raw ex (he needed a mantle)

Then finally traded that for a psa 5 maris RC. (He had 2)

Trades don't have to be fair if they make sense. That's my point.
Two things that differ from your example and what you did in your original post:
1) I am sure you didn't go to each person telling them you are willing to trade for anything as long as it was "Just something I can trade that is worth more than what I am offering here."

2) You worked in quantities as many people suggested over attempting a 1:1 trade.

There are several times I have traded and was the benefactor of the better end, but I didn't go into it telling the other person that was my objective and they should keep that in mind before attempting the trade. Also I am sure I have been on the other side where I left something on the table, but again that other person didn't leave me feeling like I got the worse end of the deal.