View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 07:08 PM

I can't stand the "it books for" guy at card shows. Once they pull out a price guide I know it's almost never going to work out.

I got my Jackson from a large lot on eBay. Advertised as a starter lot of 450 cards with a BIN of $150. VG/EX. Only one picture of a 800 count box. The description noted that there were no superstars, some semistars, LL cards, and almost all commons.

On the off chance I direct messaged him and asked if there were any cards over the number 500.

He responded with numbers that corresponded to cards like the Cardinals Rookies, Jackson RC, Skowron, Clarke, Snyder, Twins team, Coleman, and a couple more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I couldn't hit the BIN button fast enough. I pulled upgrades and set needs, turned around and sold a nice starter lot and recouped all my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateMack View Post
Found mine at a card show a couple years ago in a stack of 66 cards. It was ex+ and I was super excited to find one. I handed it to the dealer and asked him how much. He looked it up in the Beckett and said, "books for $40, will you do $20?"
Needless to say, I couldn't get to my wallet quick enough!!