Thread: Boxing Forum?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Question. With the amount of activity this area gets would it help to integrate boxing in with baseball? As it is there are never more than around 10 subjects commented on per day, and generally it's less. It wouldn't be a big deal to try it , then go back if it wasn't working well. But I am mainly a card collector, so whatever our memorabilia guys want is fine by me.

Hey Leon,

Trust me when I say, you have easily the most relevant boxing forum on the internet as far as boxing cards & collectibles go. Any other place that has tried it, generally turns into a place for fight film guys to trade tapes & dvd's.

I like that this hasn't become that.

The views are there, so people are looking at stuff that goes up, many just seem to not be posting, which is common. A lot of the collectors tend to the older more private side, as evidenced that many of the biggest collectors are private feedback bidders going back to the early days of Ebay (no they are not shills LOL) before sniping tools became popular.

It's not a huge club, and they always tended to be wary of other competitors following their bidding patterns, and either bidding them up, or straight outbidding them on items they thought they had a bead on, based on some obscure search term they used.

I'm embarrassed to say, a large percentage of the original posts in that section, are for my own auction notices related to boxing, but I would be ecstatic to have more company there.

If I could pass on any suggestions, it would be to rename the forum "Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum".

Get that extra keyword in there, maybe attract a few more contributors.