Thread: Boxing Forum?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Belltown Vintage

There have been plenty of cool vintage boxing items posted here, but almost no responses to any of them. My thinking is that if there is discussion going on in the boxing sub-forum, just encourage people to post their stuff there, instead of here - that would at least prop up that area a bit. But if you moved it all over here, I think you'd get the same poor response. All it would do is pollute this area with more zero-response threads.

The same sort of thing happened ten years ago when we tried to encourage discussions about vintage photographs. No one was interested. I even created a separate forum, but it died fairly quickly. Now look at it - the subject is very popular. Basically, the lesson learned is that if there aren't many people interested in discussion a collecting area, then you can't do much about it.

I know that sounds negative - sorry. I would like to see boxing memorabilia discussions as much as anyone, but when you can't get the biggest boxing collectors to discuss things, you are kind of screwed.