View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Default ebay : "buy it now" best deal you ever got.!

Posted By: John H.

A couple jump to mind:

A few months ago I bought a 1964 "Challenge the Yankees" board game for $135. This game seems to hold tremendous nostalgic value for people who played it back in the day and usually goes for very big bucks in relation to other sports board games. Personally, living in Canada and only being five years old in 1964, I had never heard of it before seeing it on ebay a few years ago. I don't know if it was even sold here in the GWN.

The player cards, which include Mantle, Aaron, several other HOF'ers plus Maris, are in very good condition with some having random creases and a few little tears along the perforations, but nothing too serious. The box, with a beautiful painting of old Yankee Stadium on the lid, is in excellent condition with only a couple of blown corners. It's probably the nicest condition example of this game seen on ebay in a long time. It should easily have fetched over $500, and possibly close to $1,000, if the seller would have left it open for bid and if he wouldn't have understated the overall condition of the game in his description.

Another good find was a 1952 Bowman reprint set for $39.99. For whatever reason, this is a short-printed set that doesn't come up on the Bay very often. It usually has a "Buy it Now" price over $100 and goes for around $75 when it comes up for bid. I was happy to get it when I did.

John