View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 07:43 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default T206 Team Set Collecting

There have been a couple of great threads lately which featured T206 team set collecting. I didn't want to hijack those threads, but I was wondering about a couple of things. #1, how do those of you who collect T206 (or another prewar set I suppose) by team actually chose the team to collect? Do you collect your favorite team, or maybe you choose your team based on who or who is not in a particular team set or maybe just the way certain cards look? Me personally, I live in the South and am a Cardinals fan, but I am finding myself more drawn to the NY T206 cards, particularly Brooklyn and am becoming motivated to put together a collage like I have seen in the other threads. The cards just look so incredible together!

In order to do that, I would greatly prefer that the cards be ungraded. Which brings me to #2: How easy is it to find ungraded T206s that aren't beaters or trimmed? I am looking at VG-VGEX at best. I suppose I could just buy PSA/SGC graded cards (probably 2s-4s) and crack them out. Anyone here do that? Admittedly, I am a two time loser/slow learner when it comes to T206, but I am always drawn back to them. I used to think it was crazy for people to collect backs of cards, but I now see the appeal. The lithography is just so visually appealing to me. I give up and am giving in and figure the team set approach will give me a little goal that I can handle and allow me to just enjoy myself and play with some backs in the process.