View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Mike C@.v3

Default collecting

Steven, great thread by the way.

I've collected cards ever since I was eight years old and I'm 32 now, so its been something I've done for most of my life. I've always loved sports and in the past five years or so, my passion for the hobby has exploded. I don't really buy cards for their monetary value, but do love to find the great deal. I do occasionally flip cards to make a little money to help in other areas of my collection.

All I can really say is that I've loved collecting since I was young, going to trade night at Jim's Dugout being able to see other's collections and money never being a factor at all, just liking certain players. One huge thing for me was being able to buy certain cards like Walter Payton and Wayne Gretzky's rookie because when I was young, that was only a pipedream and not reality, owning them that is. Every once in a while I go through my cards and admire them and pick up the Payton or other like cards and still marvel at them like they are a million bucks...gotta love it.

Overall, it's a hobby that I love and enjoy and there is so much to learn about it and has a great following as well. I can't say how happy I am to have found Net54 as are many others are as well...such a great site to learn and purchase cards otherwise I could not have.

Mike
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48