View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 09:00 AM
Dave Fa*st

Default T206 Set...Minus the Big Four, and other Subsets...Will values keep climbing?

I started a little over a year ago putting together a low grade T206 set...I'm about 40% there. And I'm amazed at how much money even in low grade it has taken me to this point to get to this place. Especially when I look back at what some very large lots or near sets were going for 10+ years ago. Granted we were in an economic slump then compared to now. But it seems the values of everything has really sky rocketed the last few years...is the thought that is really going to continue or will this level off and maybe even values drop a little in the next couple years making completing this set a bit easier?

I'm not surprised at the rare backs....Drum, Broad Leaf, Uzit, etc. But what used to be the very affordable Cycles, American Beauty's Tolstoi's....suddenly aren't as affordable either.

Even putting together the Southern Leaguer set 48, seems astronomical in price compared to what you could have picked one up for even five years ago...

Then it makes me sick thinking about what a Cobb could be had for a few years ago...

Can anyone put a number on what they think you would need to spend to put together set of 520 today in 1-3 grade condition?