View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Arnie

I would be closest to THE DRIFTER, but perhaps i am THE ADDER (a new category - one who continues to really work on his main goal but has to add smaller sub-goals).

I am a Yankee collector, collecting Yankee cards from the early 1900's though now. Obviously this gives me an enormous amount of cards to acquire and i will never get them all. However, after 32 years of collecting, i am so strong that most of the stuff i need is either obscure or getting too expensive, so i acquire slowly.

What i have to do is add little new collection types so that i can keep getting new things inbetween my Yankee buys.

I first added a section of cards of players who were on the Yankees but the card shows them on another team, such as Roger Maris on Cleveland in 1958, Casey Stengel on a Play Ball card, etc.

Then i added a Jewish baseball player collection, which i soon opened up to take in Jewish players from all sports.

The last new little part of my collection is in its infancy, and its trying to get a card of every pitcher that Mickey Mantle hit a home run off of.

I am also a CRACKER too, as i always free my cards from their plastic tombs.

This is fun!!

Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 01-23-2013 at 10:43 AM.