View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Greg Hooper

Default Question for the board - USPS issue

Hello all - I am seeing if anyone has any advice on my situation. I purchased a very nice 1948 Bowman Berra from PWCC earlier this month, and the card was shipped promptly to my correct address. Between Amazon and eBay I usually get 9-10 packages a week, but because this card was almost $800 it was shipped with signature confirmation.

Here is where things went south: Instead of going to our door for a signature, the postman signed for the package himself and says he left it in my mailbox. Of course I have not received this package. I went to my local post office and explained my situation and they said they would ask postman for details. The next day the postman came to our door and said he signed for our package himself so we wouldn't have to make a special trip to the post office to get my package (my wife works from home and is available to sign at any time).

We go back to the post office and the postmaster confirmed with the postman that he in fact signed for our package and that they would look for our bubble mailer. The postmaster is asking me to file a claim to get the money back, but because the package wasn't insured I can't even file the claim online and have to file the claim at the post office.

PWCC sent the package to the correct address so I don't feel like they can help and I am afraid that I am just out this money (which is a huge sum for me to loose). Any advice on a course of action?