View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 11:35 AM
N
Banned

Default eBay messaging question--best way to word this? update 4/25

Hey everyone,

Need your help, please. A card sold about 10 days ago that I really would have liked to have, but I was out of town and didn't even notice it was listed. I would like to contact the seller and politely request the buyer's info, but I couldn't find a way to do it without sounding like a snob :P. Any suggestions? I am happy to offer this seller a 10% finder's fee, so it would be awesome to throw that in the message, too.

Regards,
NJ

**update**

I found the card!
To give some context on where I was able to snag this, this particular Quad was snatched up on eBay early this month--I was bummed! It is only the third card ever made with both Maravich and Chamberlain in jersey format by Upper Deck, and this specific variation is the only one with patches in comparison to the two other cards. With only four copies of this card known, I thought it was gone for good.
I casted some nets and posted some ridiculous WTB threads in hopes of finding the owner. A guy from BCF came forth, and we cracked a deal! Good call, Bnorth!

Without further ado, here it is! Wilt Chamberlain/Pete Maravich/Jo Jo White/Robert Parish quad patch /10 from the 2008 Ultimate Foursomes subset!

It looks great with the group! :flex::flex::flex:

Thank you to all the collectors who have contributed and come out of the woodwork to help me out with this subset!

I have only four more on the bucket list that would look awesome with this grouping:

Upgrading the /35 in the group photo to the /10 patch variation
76ers legends /10 (Wilt + Dr J, to name 2)
Lakers legends /10 (Wilt and Rodman, to name 2)
The other Celts/Bucks card /10 (Robertson and KAJ, to name 2).

Thanks for looking!

~NJ

Last edited by njdunkin1; 04-25-2017 at 02:45 PM.