View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Dan Bl@u

I showed these a couple years ago, but I know a few of us have cards that were owned by a collector named Elias Beasley and were later sold by his grandson. He signed his name on the back of his cards. So far as I'm aware, he's popped up on T3s, T206 Piedmont 350s, and T209-1s. Interestingly, he signs his full name on the T3s, but just "Elias" on the T206s given their size. On T209-1s, which are ever-so-slightly larger than T206s, he fits in his last initial

Here is a short writeup posted a few years ago -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3s View Post
Several months ago I was lucky enough to have a beautiful T3 Turkey Red find. A few of the cards have writing on the back. A handful note "Reid Pleasant Drug" across the top. My assumption is that was a local drug store - several ways the cards could be attached to the store. Best of all, one of the cards carries the signature of "Elias Beasley". Mr. Beasley was the original collector as a very young man. I purchased the cards from Mr. Beasley's grandson. During our negotiations for the cards, we talked a fair amount about the family and the story about how the cards were kept, owned, etc. I was very interested and wanted to find a way to preserve the collection (before some headed out to all corners of the earth) and document the provenance.