View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 07:11 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
That Sir is a well laid trap. Been down this exact path before. Get that fence done and start saving a little for the wedding in a savings account. Then when you buy a card you can say you're not interfering with plans.
Already ahead of ya. Haha. We do have a decently funded savings account for the wedding, and I have monthly deposits into it. I'm also paying for a majority of her wedding dress (her mom is covering some as well), and am buying 2 wedding bands for her instead of one (her engagement ring looks better with the 2 bands). The fence is the trap, and she already shutdown my plan to build a work bench for the garage, but I'll get that work bench eventually. She also has some good Christmas gifts coming.

Trust me, my card purchases are well calculated beyond the value and investment aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
good for you hold on to that one
No plans of letting her go. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Kyle- Sounds like you found a keeper. It was only a year or two after I got married (around 22 yrs ago) that I started collecting cards again and had some of the same reactions. My first big card was a PSA 7 T205 Johnson I bought from Scott Brockelman before I even knew him, at a local show. I told my wife some of the same things......and it was true. Years Later I did a deal in Wylie Texas, at a Taco Bell, and doubled my money on that card. As I recall it didn't have great centering, it wasn't a keeper.
I see what you did there... You put the ring on her finger BEFORE starting your collecting habits back up, making her escape (if she wanted to) more difficult and messier.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame