View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Default Collecting the HOF - ever lose your passion?

Posted By: MikePugeda

Jason,

I find myself struggling with the same issues you have mentioned. Part of me likes to put sets together, or at least attempt to. While some goals have been reached (completion) such as my Domino Disc set (PX7) others are stuck in limbo such as e93 (24 of 30). It can be frustrating at times as prices escalate, I'd rather spend big money on my wife and kids. You can try to start collecting sets that haven't taken off yet, that you might see potential for an upswing in the future.

Another part of me likes to buy things that I just plain like, whether it be pinbacks, postcards, figures, photos. This is the area that seems to bring me the most enjoyment. If I see something I like and have to have, I usually buy it. It doesn't matter to me if it fits a specific niche and I guess that's what makes my collection mine. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

If you can afford to keep items you are not currently trying to add to, that's great. If they no longer hold any sentimental value to you, I would try to sell and purchase items that are going to make your collecting enjoyable.

As has been stated before in various thread arguments, buy what makes you happy.

Mike