View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: jay behrens

Don't kid yourself into think Cobb didn't cheat in some form. He sharpened his spikes, and lord knows what else in order to give himself an advantage over others. Give his demonor, doing whatever he could get away with is not out of the possibility. I just refuse to believe that the game has ever been "pure" and there has always been cheating of one type or another going on since the first game was played. I also find it laughable that anyone could possible think there was ever time in the game where the game was pure and there was no cheating of any type going on.

The thing I find most humorous about the whole steroid thing is that the people most outraged about are the same people that think the HR is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I hate the HR and I am the one that should be most outraged about the whole thing, but I realized long ago that people whill do whatever it takes to stay on the team and make as much money as possible. HRs is the easiest way to this. I'd love to see the deadball era come back, but I will settle for the new ballparks, crazy angles of the outfield walls and an increase in triples.

Jay- wishes someone would build a park with 610' wall like the old Detroit stadium around the turn of the century.

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.