View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

[QUOTE=irv;1756921]There are many sites/posts that say I am not wrong, but thought you might like this one and the comments within.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spelt

Slang and internet jargon promulgated by urban dictionaries are hardly a substitute for the king's English.

Although the word is recognized by the ultimate source authority, the Words With Friends Cheat as well as the contemporary Wikipedia, the definition provided is as follows

Spelt is dinkel wheat or hulled wheat. It is a type of wheat cultivated since 5000 BC. It was an important staple in parts of Europe from the Bronze Age until medieval times. It survives as a relict crop and has recently found a new market as a "health food". The benefits of spelt are delineated below in this educational image

speltinfo.jpg

There is no second definition.

As a long standing member of the Net54 grammar police, I would suggest that you eat more spelt. Your colon will thank you and the other health benefits listed will serve you well.

With spelt's 7000 year history on the planet it is no wonder that your spellcheck overlooked your linguistic deficiencies.

Hopefully Barry Sloate, the grand poobah of the Net54 grammar police, will chime in with an endorsement of this post.

Be well and if you need some recipes to make spelt more palatable, feel free to contact me.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 03-12-2018 at 08:07 PM.