View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:46 PM
Val Kehl

George Mogridge was a key pitcher for the only Senators team to ever win a World Series. At age 35, his 1924 regular-season record was 16 - 11, which included 13 complete games. In the 1924 WS, Mogridge was the starting and winning pitcher in Game 4. Manager Bucky Harris, "The Boy Wonder," was in a quandry as to whom to start in Game 7, as WaJo had already lost in his two starts. So, Harris started journeyman Curly Ogden in a successful ploy to get John McGraw to start the lineup he used against right-handed pitchers. Ogden pitched to two batters, getting one out, whereupon Harris brought in lefty Mogridge, who pitched the next 4.2 innings, allowing only one earned run. This kept the Senators in the game until they tied the Giants in the 8th inning and won it in the 12th inning with WaJo being the winner in relief.

So, here's my shameless plug. I collect cards of all the 1924 Senators. I am seeking a Mogridge T207 with the Anonymous Factory 3 back - thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. I do have the other three known Mogridge cards which are pictured below:
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.