Vlad
Thome
Hoffman
Bonds
Clemens
Schilling
Walker
Kent

Part of the issue that bothers me about HOF voting logic is the people who vote for Clemens but not Bonds or vise versa. There is absolutely NO argument in a reasonable person’s mind to include one and not the other. Probably should get your vote taken away if you do. Looking at you Peter Gammons....

I was born in 1986 and growing up watching the peak of the steroid era at no point did I ever view Mussina as a HOF. Never was the best pitcher in the AL, please don’t quote me his winning % or the fact that he played his entire career in the AL East. Thome is to me is a HOFer but a boarderline one, he hit 600 when the value of that is significantly less impressive. Can’t believe he got as much support as he did his first year, compared to someone like Vlad who goes from 72% to 93% in one year. That is also a major flaw of the voting system voters who vote only first ballot HOFers in their minds in their first year of eligibility. No way should a player have a 20% swing in one year.

At this point the prevailing logic of HOF voting is if so and so got in then this other guy should get in. The system from that persceptive has been broken a long time ago and will only slowly grow worse over time.

Last edited by Hellwig; 01-29-2018 at 04:08 PM.