View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
Whew! That's a nasty looking leg! 200K to put it back together seems like a bargain. Luckey for me I've never broken a bone. Hundreds of stitches though and lots of little burns. Dave. Reminded me of this: Was your fib an open fracture?
Yuck!

Nope, the fibula was a minor break. They didn't do any repair on it. If you look at the x-ray, you'll see it wasn't that bad. Look where the fibula meets the tibia. The fall was violent, so that's why it cracked. The femur was the really bad part.

The only open fracture I remember was in grade school. I broke my left wrist playing football (I lived in Wisconsin then), and I slipped on the ice throwing the nerf ball. The bone popped right through. It grossed the principal out something awful. I got another ambulance ride out of it.

You're lucky, don't break anything. It's not fun. I've had about 25 excluding toes and fingers.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-07-2013 at 05:11 PM.