View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 05:48 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Personally, I always feel that typewriter font is more so a dead giveaway for a fake. Look at how each line is leaning differently which shows the card was manually placed for each line due to the size. For a small business owner it would have taken hours upon hours to complete just a small batch versus buying an inexpensive hand stamp to do a pile in a couple minutes. That and using the bicolor accounting ribbon which means a little shop that would rarely need red only gets half the use of a ribbon as they can’t flip it over for additional runs. Anything advertising based with hand type is suspect for me immediately.
I guess, but I'm not sure cranking out 100 of these for the owner to give out would take hours and hours of typing, more like a couple hours if you knew your way around a typewriter. Under this kind of circumstance, of course, no matter how long it took or when it was made, the card would never be regarded as a legitimate issue to be catalogued, etc., but merely a local fantasy promo card.