View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default E94 Overprint set missing

Hey Folks
I got an email from a hobby friend this evening. He has been in the hobby just about as long as anyone I know. We collect a lot of the same stuff and I have spent many hours chatting about cards and the hobby with him.
He won the E94 overprint set in the Heritage Auction when my set was sold. I didn't even know it. They have come up missing, plus there was one more in the group too. If ya'll could be on the lookout, and on the outside chance they turn up, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. ..and a link. Thanks ...Here is the message he sent.

"Some months ago the set of 10 E94 backs went missing.
Although I really can't postulate a reasonable route for their disappearance
the bottom line is they're gone.
Actually I had a 11th which was a variation on one of the 10.
They were lot 79009 in the Heritage Auction

Bates/Gold "Blome's Chocolates" (SGC 20 Fair 1.5), Byrne/Violet "Close's Candies are Pennant Winners" (SGC 30 Good 2), Cicotte/Green "Close's Oppie Dildock, The Best of Candy Suckers" (SGC 30 Good 2), Cicotte/Green "Your Out! If you don't eat Close's Oppie Dildocks" (SGC 40 VG 3), Doolan/Gold "Oh You Fan! Eat Closes's Candies" (SGC 40 VG 3), Grant/Green "Your Safe! If you eat Close's Chocolates" (SGC 10 Poor 1), Kleinow/Gold "Your Safe! Have a Cuckoo!" (SGC 30 Good 2), Lake/Olive "Three Strikes! Get a Lemon 2 For 1c." (SGC 30 Good 2), Speaker/Olive "Home Run! For Close's Butter Balls, 4 For 1c." (SGC 10 Poor 1) and Turner/Olive "A Base Hit! Close's Sponge Cake" (SGC 50 VG/EX 4).

Could you post these in your network?
I would appreciate your help."

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1...umbnail-071515

Last edited by Leon; 01-25-2017 at 05:41 AM.