View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by certainteed52 View Post
Hi Scott, So are you saying that some of the AL umpire may have been in some type of collusion like AL Clark!
I thought I provided enough facts in my previous two posts to help clarify, but...
All I am saying is that Al Clark was sent to prison for fraudulently selling game balls to historic games. Durwood Merrill (RIP) sold game balls to games, in my humble opinion and others, that he claimed were historic that the provenance were very suspect. Examples of this are:
1) Home run balls to historic games. How does an umpire ever come to own a HR ball?
Fans catch these in the stands. Common sense would tell you that they don't give these back to umpires...
2) Selling balls to games that he didn't act as an umpire. Provenance is established by providing a direct link to acquiring a piece. How did he acquire game balls from games that he didn't umpire in?
3) If Al Clark is the HP umpire in a game that Merrill sold a ball from and Clark is a felon, that's obviously not good. The HP umpire plays a big role in controlling the game balls from a particular game. Since Merrill didn't ump this game, did he get his ball from Clark the felon? If yes, how can you feel with any confidence that the ball is legit?
Clark went to prison for selling fraudulent balls from Nolan Ryan's 300th win & other historic games.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 03-22-2017 at 08:50 AM.