View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 05:45 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
After 13 long years, I have finally completed The Monster! A little backstory: I had purchased a Mullen portrait in about 1992 for $25 when I was a kid. We have the same last name. Fast forward to 2007 during the poker boom. I was playing poker in various underground games/clubs in and around Pittsburgh. One club had a computer. While fooling around on the computer I came across eBay and T206 cards. Man were those the days! So that night I told myself that every time I had a winning night playing poker I’d buy some T206s and try to complete the set (to go along with my Mullen portrait). An interesting fact is that the entire set (all 521 cards) was purchased with poker or gambling winnings (I’m also pretty decent at picking college football games as well ). The set is also 100% raw in a binder. I’ve cracked roughly 80 slabs.
I'm highly jealous............

...... that you can legally play online poker for real money. I live in the state of Washington which explicitly made it illegal*.

I'm also jealous of the set. Congrats!

* - Kind of a positive development in a way. I was playing for real money on Poker Stars and Washington made it illegal, so I cashed out all my money. Roughly a month later was Black Friday when the feds swooped and locked up everyone's assets. I'd gotten all my dough out so it worked out fine. I don't have any interest in trying to play over a VPN or otherwise skirt the legalities. Bums me out as it was a decent source of income for me.