View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Sorry to be-labor this discussion, however......

Susquehanna, PA is a little town (pop. 1700) that is located in the very Northeast corner of Pennsylvania.
While Pittsburgh is 300+ miles Southwest of Susquehanna. I would say these Page's dairy's are unrelated.

Also, I appreciate the trivia regarding Patti Page (one of my favorites when I was a kid); however, I don't
see the connection.... you must of been joking

If we can agree that these Page's Milk Co. cards are simply 1947 Bond Bread cards subsequently stamped....
then, I compare them as being very similar to the E94 cards whose backs were subsequently stamped with
the various George Close products......

btw, it does look like there were different Page Milk Companies.......but I don't think it's a coincidence where she got her stage name...here is another quote

Pennsylvania Ted

I guess I could be mistaking? It could just be a coincidence.

"Upon hearing her sing, however, the station manager enlisted Fowler to become the new voice of the Meet Patti Page Show -- a 15 minute segment sponsored by the Page Milk Company."

I guess it could be a joke...ha ha

If you don't think these cards are a set, that is fine. I do.....I still don't consider the t213-1's Coupon cigarettes as T206....so we have that going for us They never will be either....

"Four years later, in 1946, Page joined a traveling big band. The milk company allowed her to keep her stage name, and, for six weeks, the Jimmy Joy Band featuring Patti Page worked its way north to Chicago."

Last edited by Leon; 08-11-2009 at 09:30 AM.