View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
The operative words here are...."new set"....but, it really cannot be classified as a "new set" ? ?

I say this because these cards are not only the identical pictures as the 1947 Bond Bread issue;
but, they have the beveled corners specifically designed to conform to the packaging of the Bond
Bread loafs.

This tells us that early in 1949, Page's Milk Co. acquired the EXACT cards from the Bond Bread
issue (unknown how or why) and used them for their purposes....therefore, I cannot agree with
you that it is a "new set".

If these cards were SQUARE cornered, then I would perhaps agree that these cards were speci-
fically meant as Page's Milk premiums.

TED Z
We can certainly agree to disagree on this. Please show me where Bond Bread sent these to Page Milk. I think it more likely that Page Milk got the phone number of the producer of the cards and asked them to send them some. I can hear it now

"Hey Joe, send 2 boxes of those cards to this address instead of the regular address"....... Just my theory

...and that is all we have are theories. I like your theory but I like mine too.....It's a new set to me...that's my story and I am sticking to it

edited to add that I obviously agree with Ted that it is not a new set, physically.

Last edited by Leon; 08-07-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: clarification