View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Hey Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lemke View Post
Nice purchase, Leon, and thanks for sharing with the hobby.

Like many, many other "generic" sets that were appropriated by local/regional advertisers for promotional purposes (M101-4/5, W575-1, W514, 1959 Exhibits, etc.), this qualifies as a "new" set, at least in my way of thinking.

With your permission, I'll pick up your scans and data for the 2011 Standard Catalog. The presence of the promo card explaining the promotion clearly gives the issue legitimacy, but raises the question . . . which of the 48 cards was short-printed to avoid giving away bicycles?
Hey Bob
You know I will be more than happy to share everything I can about this new set with you. I am one of the open guys that likes to share. If the value goes down because of it, I don't care. I will send you scans of all of the cards in a private email. That way you can have them on file if anyone questions anything. One of the boxers is stamped in black. It makes me wonder if they just ran out of the more brightly colored purple ink or there was some other reason for the change. I have no idea on the "chase" card in the set. Heck, I doubt there are 20 of these cards known in the hobby. However, I am also not naive enough to think these are the only ones. If I had to guess I would say we will find other small groups of them as the hobby matures. kind regards

ps...I think a value of about $5000 each would be warranted (j/k)