View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
As you know, I collected the 1947 Bond Bread cards as a kid. They were first available in 1947.
Bond Bread continued to include them in their bread loafs into 1948.

It has never established where these cards were printed......but, I've always felt that they were
produced by the Harry M. Stevens Co. (NYC). As this company produced all the Team and World
Series yearbooks from the 1920's to 1960's and also printed the Team individual photos available
at the various ballparks in 1946 to 1951. The pictures on the 1947 Bond Bread cards are identical
to the pictures in these publications.

Incidently, several years ago I saw a Page's Milk boxing card (don't recall who).

TED Z
Thanks again Ted. So in fact they weren't really Bond Bread cards until Bond Bread got a hold of them. That is why I said, since these probably went from the Harry M Stevens Co (I didn't know that) to Pages Milk, I don't consider them Bond Bread cards. It certainly is debatable. This is the kind of stuff I find most interesting about collecting. It really keeps me going.

Rich- John R is no slouch but I agree, I will take Ole Teddy's info on these and run with it.

thanks guys.....still an exciting "find" for me.....