View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default 1949 Page's Pittsburgh Milk Co- new set

I am going to use one of my slightly off topic "gimmes" to show a new set of cards found at the National. Actually one of our board members had them but I doubt seriously if I would have ever seen them had I not gone to the show. Many things come out there that don't normally come out otherwise. I know I brought several cards that were not shown anywhere else, and sold a few of them. It's part of the experience. I have to say my whole National was made with these acquisitions. I collect cards that are pre-1950 so these are just under the timeline. In speaking with John Rumeriz (an old school collector who has the 1st table at every national) about them he said he has had one of these for years and years but always thought they were just an errant hand stamp done at a much later time. I am going to send him a scan of the redemption card so he can display it with his card. He said he was excited to see these, especially the header card. Anyone that knows John knows that anything (cards)that gets him excited is pretty unusual. There were 8 cards in the group (plus the redemption card) with 4 being boxers and 4 being baseball players. Thanks again to the board member for letting me buy these. The back of the redemption card is blank. best regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pfunc1949pagesmilkholmes.jpg (76.6 KB, 386 views)