View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 08:42 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Default 2018 National

Coming from a different point of view, I was brought in for my experience with soccer and international sports.

This was my first National Convention. I am well versed with the major auction houses and thought that it was quite like mini museum's with the many artifacts on exhibit. The big difference being that they could be purchased.

I inquired with quite a good number of dealers about soccer inventory. Most still had the puzzled look and replied with a no. I smiled and thanked them.

However, with the major card makers all having soccer product - Panini, Leaf and Topps all had freebees that were soccer nirvana to my eyes.

And then there were the dealers ahead of the curve - with both vintage soccer cards, and new high end stock for the enlightened investors.

But what I always enjoy, and did at this show, was going through bargain boxes and just finding cool cards.

Aside from the soccer I unearthed, there were vintage cards of motorcycles, native American Indians, 1954 football, and original Star Wars stickers that I added to my collection.

All in all, there was something for anyone and everyone if they wanted to dig for treasures.

I'll go next year to Chicago and have something to compare it with.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Copa7; 08-15-2018 at 08:44 PM.