View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
[I]This is RICH Jim. Coming from someone who knows autographs and hooked up with Jimmy Spence and others to form PSA/DNA authentication. TPA's are no good for anyone, but it was OK for you in the past when you weregetting paid. Come on. Kirk and I are drinking the Kool-Aid. You don't even give your opinion anymore, you just come in and accuse us of drinking the Kool-aid.[/I]

Oh the Kool Aid pictures ? I had meant to post them in the "Refreshing Beverages" forum and ended up here by accident..my bad , Seriously I like Kirk and not sure if I know you Jason but would probably hit it off swell with you too.

But to set the record straight I never formed any authentication company with Spence. or anyone else. I was hired as an on site consultant in 1998, Along with J.S. and two others familiar to this board. No one had ever HEARD of a commercial authentication company then Because none existed. I knew Spence. from the card show days when he would watch Mark J.'s Table for him. He wore out at least one pair of shoes at every show asking me and other autograph dealers "Is this real?", "Is this real" ? , But he was a likeable chap (and probably still is) and we became friends. He was even a guest at my wedding in Havana in 2000. And a frequent visitor to my home. As things often happen he went his way and I went mine but Up until a year ago I often received scans from him requesting my opinions which I gave ..for free. An unfortunate series of events unfolded and the scans and phone calls ended. As for my giving opinions for free on this board you may recall I had regularly contributed my opinions for free, Even with the help of the moderator of this board generated thousands of dollars that were donated to the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief.
I stopped giving opinions in a public forum only when I learned that certain items had already been opinionated on and if my opinion was contrary it created issues. Its never been my intent to be "controversial" or a "crusader" or anyone's enemy, unless of course I'm attacked and then my right is to defend myself. Otherwise with regards to anyone's beliefs and opinions both inside and outside of the hobby they certainly are entitled to them and if the current "status quo" with regards to TPA.'s or any enterprise works for them so be it ....I've no axe to grind or dog in the fight, to each his own.
I don't think your reputation as an autograph dealer / authenticator is in question, it's the comment out of the blue that had nothing to do with the thread. You may have had a falling out with Spence and the other TPA's, but that doesn't mean other people can't use them. I'm not sticking up for their (TPA) mistakes, they make them. I am just giving my opinion on how this played out. As I said before, I don't really care one way or another about JSA's business. Bottom line is this is a free country and anyone can do as they wish and shouldn't be ridiculed for asking / paying for an opinion if they so wish.

In regards to giving your opinion on signatures on the board, no good deed goes unpunished.