Thread: a major problem
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Default a major problem

Posted By: barrysloate

Hi Joe- it's amazing you remember the actual post that was started all the way back when, but for the record the SNL dialogue was between me and Hal. Ted was not a party.

That said, not only do I not hide behind the fact that I hijack threads, I am the first to admit I am the King of Hijackers. I am forever digressing off topic. The question is why do I do it.

For one, I have a short attention span and a thread has to be pretty compelling to hold my interest from start to finish. Second, I just enjoy talking about different things. It brings up the same question: Am I being disrespectful by doing it? Some say I am, some feel it's perfectly fine. So what's the right answer?

Is there anybody else on the board who only answers the original question posted and never strays off topic? Are there others who like to shoot the breeze about Seinfeld or some other inane topic? I think so.

But please don't say I don't own up to my hijacks, In fact, I am anointing myself "King of the Hijackers." Does that make everyone happy?