View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Default OT: Saying farewell (for 6 months)

Posted By: Tom Hines

All,
I have really enjoyed my time inport these last 5 or so months and have enjoyed reading and sharing baseball card related stories with you. I have picked up quite a few great crads from many of you and I am most grateful! It is about time for me to ship out again back to the Arctic for another 6 months (just in time to miss the beautiful Seattle summer). While I am at sea I will have limited access to the forum and will not be able to post threads or responses. I would love to hear from some of you while I am gone as thinking about the "boys of summer" may help fight back some of the Arctic cold. Please feel free to email me with any interesting baseball stories or card pickups (i.e. 19th century "Hines" cards {Paul, Henry "Hunkey" or Mike} and pre-war Cincinnati related). I am still on the hunt for any of the "Hines" boys and old Cincy cards so if you stumble across any please let me know. I will be back in November so expect me to be ready to get back active around then. Thank you all again for the good times and I look forward to remaining in touch with some of you while I am out frezzing my little "Coastie" toes off! Take care and have a great summer!!

Tom Hines
thines@healy.uscg.mil