View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 08:04 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post
As a former CBT member and someone who had the keys to the place for a short time, I may as well chime in.

First, let me 100% emphatically got on the record with this: calling someone at work or home over disagreements or personality conflicts on a message board is 100% a scumbag move. I for one would never consider doing that to someone. I spoke with Bobby about this exact thing, and he and I are good on that. I said this to Bobby privately, and Patrick, I will say this to you publicly: I am sorry you had to endure that. It's not funny, it's not cool, it's disgusting.

Now for CBT. Briefly, it was made up almost exclusively of people who wanted and were allowed the freedom to speak their minds, colorful real-world language and all. Some were banned CU members, but hardly most. Several more had at one time or another been banned/suspended, but had been allowed back on the site. I was one of those (because of things I said to/about BBG). People and topics were discussed just like they are in the real world, and the discussion wasn't always flattering.

I'll leave it at that. CBT was there, and now it's not - that's probably a good thing. It served a purpose for a time, and it was an outlet to speak freely about a wide range of topics. The vast majority of those topics were benign, but obviously some weren't.
I specifically remember a thread where yankeeno7 took a photo from Bobby's facebook page, edited it, and posted it for laughs. If my memory is correct you went to his page, too, and commented on an old mullet picture. It was in that same thread that Bobby's workplace was revealed and shortly after that someone supposedly called Bobby's workplace.

Topics on that site were not discussed like they are in the real world (at least I certainly hope not). As a mod you let way too much go and that speaks to your character. At least Leon put his foot down on the cat picture, but you couldn't do the same on so many posts, especially ones where mentally challenged people were mocked.